Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How MONEY can change people

As you all know my beloved grandad died a couple of month back..Al-Fatihah...Well I would like to tell you a story on how money can change people...

Since my grandad died a lot of money was left.. cash, gold , land and other properties. Before he died he wished that the house would be Wakaf (given too) to the surau which I agree...but the hukum says that you are only allowed to wakaf 1/3 of the portion which is still ok..Now the question is...If everybody agreed to give the portion to the surau, would'nt it be a good thing? What is there to loose? You'll feel good because you did a good thing and your soul would be more at peace! but there are some who dont agree with me and uses the HUKUM WAKAF as a point in order to get something...

This I feel sad about. I'm embarrassed to say that there is some of my family member who is claiming for money..How sad......I know its their right but if you wanted the money why wont you say so? There is nothing to be embarrased about but to use religion to get something you want? Now there is something seriously wrong with that. Dont get me wrong I love my religion and I respect and try and follow what is right.. but if you were to pray 5 times a day and still not be able to understand this thing , what's the point of doing your prayers...... its like a ticket to say "hey I can do this and maybe Allah will forgive me". Is'nt that insane? Its a pity how religion can be used as tool.....

My grandfather's dying wish was too give the house away..Should'nt we honour that and let it be? I think the reason my grandfather did not tell this to his children properly is because he trusted that they would make the right decision and honor his wish, but I'm sad to say that when it comes to money it makes people blind to see the truth and to come up with reasons instead. I've been taught that you can never bring your wealth to Qiamat(end of the world)but can only bring your Amal (Good behaviour) there....

I wish things would be different and my grandparents were alive . Maybe all this wouldnt happen..all the squabbling over money, claiming their rights disclaiming their own siblings...It makes me so sad to write about it but I need to....Because I too have a right .. a right to say what is in my heart and maybe to point out what is going on..To those who are reading this and I know alot of you do I mean no hard feelings but think about it.......It could happen to you too when you are gone.....If my grandparents could see they would be so dissapointed at all the things that is going on..

The only thing I can do is pray that all of you would make the right decision and do the right thing....Remember money can only relief you for a while but your concience will always stay....

No comments:

Post a Comment